Monday, October 20, 2008

I had to call poison control yesterday....

I put Riley in the house because she was eating dirt out in the back yard. The next thing I knew, she had one of Rob's vitamin bottles open with the big pills all over the floor. They were some crazy work-out pills that had all sorts of vitamins plus niacin in them. And the last thing I wanted was for her to have a niacin flush. Rob keeps all of that stuff out of reach, so it was quite a shock that Riley got a hold of them. Anyway, poison control said that vitamins are okay, but ingesting iron can be an issue. I smelled her mouth and I was quite certain that she hadn't had a chance to eat any of them yet, but I still called poison control just to be safe. Boy was that a scare.

No comments: